Friday, July 13, 2012

Refinishing project #3

I have started refinishing another dresser that I found at a garage sale for $25. I am still working on the green dresser but it takes time for the stain to dry. So I started working on this dresser! This is the progress of this one right now. I am staining the top and painting the rest of the dresser.

The dresser before my creativeness got to it!




Finished sanding down the top.

Primed the drawers and body.

The dark color if spray painted an oil bronze.
The gold is the color the handles were before. 


Stained it Bombay Mahogany. 

Steel wool in vinegar creates a black stain. 


Added the wool stain to the drawers and this is what happened 
after it dried over night. Kinda of gives it a rustic look.



Added a chevorn stripe to all of the drawers. 
Just mixed a drop of turquoise with the base
 paint I used. 

I still need to go back and sand the edges again 
and rub the wool stain over it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment