Wednesday, July 11, 2012

1st refinishing project!


 I decided to attempt refinishing this old side table from the 70's (thanks mom). I had been seeing a lot of it on Pinterest and decided I would take a try at it! It was a lovely white wash stain....not my style. I wanted to go with a dark stain since that would match well with the other furniture in my house. I sanded that table for hours. I applied a dark walnut stain and distressed the edges (big fan of distressed looked furniture). I didn't like what the table looked like being all one color. I painted the body white, distressed it, then rubbed it down with dark tea. After all of this I sealed it with a semi-gloss.


Granger had to get in the picture :)
After 1 coat of Dark Walnut

2 coats of Dark Walnut stain
and distressed the edges.
Before I applied the semi-gloss.

Love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment