Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Upcycled Wine Bottle

I have been keeping wine bottles in my garage for a little while now. I have been telling myself that I was going to do something  with them. When I finally came across a pin, on how to drill a hole in glass, I got super excited!! I went to Home Depot and bought the glass and ceramic bits for about $10 for 4 different sizes.



I started with the second to smallest bit and started to dill away. You have to go pretty slow so you do not shatter the bottle. Once I got a good dent in it I switched over to the largest bit. This process took about 20-30 mins. I wore a padded glove and put the bottle in a pan to catch the sand from drilling.

 I used Valspar Frosting spray paint, from Lowes,  to cover the wine bottle. I sprayed on a couple of coats of it.

Once the paint dried I inserted the lights in. I found these lights at Hobby Lobby and then use your 40% coupon. Yay for coupons!!


 Now you have a beautiful piece of decor to display....perfect for the holidays!

Take any wine bottle and convert it to this!


No comments:

Post a Comment