Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chevron Frame

I had some left over boards in my garage and decided to make it into a frame. I wanted to do a maroon chevron design....Aggie Spirit! This could possibly one day go in my office. I really just wanted to give this a try and play with my saw! I plan to make more of these, in a smaller size, for my family wall.

 I trimmed the board to 20x20 and mixed a little bit of white and brown together to get a cream color. I painted the whole board with it.

 Then, I pulled out my handy dandy ruler and started measuring and drawing my points. Once everything was drawn out I used left over painters tape to create my outlines.


When the paint finally dried, I used 60 grit sand paper to do some distressing....I LOVE distressing!!

I had a 8x10 black frame laying around and decided to use that but paint it a cream color. I was hoping they cream in the chevron would match the cream of the frame...I was way off. I measured to find a center spot where the sides were equal and used a small nail to hang the frame. I am still looking for a picture to put in it and a home for it. For right now it is sitting on my dresser :)



No comments:

Post a Comment