Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Media Tower

I consider this piece my first piece of furniture that my hands have built from scratch! I am so proud of myself for building this. I hope that this piece will stay with me and I will be able to pass it down in my family.

I purchased Ana's The Handbuilt Home: 34 Simple Stylish and Budget-Friendly Woodworking Projects for Every Room. Such a great purchase and I recommend it to those who want to learn more about woodworking!



Here is everything I purchased.... my proof that I started from scratch! (There are some people who cannot believe I cut and ripped everything myself!)



I was so proud that I had the frame built and that it was level!



Working on my shelves. I did not make them adjustable. I just made pocket holes and screwed them in. And of course Granger had to get in the picture!



Then I worked on the doors. Let's just say that this was the hardest part and tested my patience. I admit I got very frustrated with these two doors but end the end I did it. Never give up!



Got the doors screwed on their hinges and they work! I would just go into the garage and open and close them multiple times. I would think to myself. I did it! Now, they are not perfect but they work and that is all that matters!



I stained them with my favorite, Dark Walnut by Rust-Oleum. I did two coats of stain and 2 coats of  semi-gloss polyurethane.





I am in love with it!



I have to say I did pretty darn good!


No comments:

Post a Comment