Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gig'em Blocks

I came across a pin and loved the idea of spelling out gig'em on wooden blocks. Here is the original pin.  I had some left over 2x4's from a previous project. I used three different sizes of blocks. 


I then painted the blocks white and then found a font that I thought looked best for this. I printed the letters out and then placed them on their specific blocks. I used a ball point pen to trace the letters out and i pressed down pretty hard. I wanted to leave an indent in the wood as I traced the letters.


After tracing the letters out I went over the outline with a pencil so I would have a guide to go by when I painted on the maroon.

 This was after a couple of coats of maroon. The paint I used was not very thick so I had to paint on multiple coats.

Next, I distressed the blocks all over the edges. I like love distressing. After distressing I sealed the blocks.

Here is the final product!

 I now have them in my office...since I work on campus it is only appropriate that they be there! :)


1 comment: