Monday, December 17, 2012

Maroon Chevron Bulletin Board

I got the idea to do this from pinterest (of course!) for my office. I need a bulletin board but I needed to add a little bit of "Nadia" to it. Here is the pin I got my idea from. I found maroon and white chevron fabric that was over priced because the custom made it...but I had to have it! I cut the fabric to the board with a 1" extra to each side. I ironed to get out the creases. 


I sprayed the board with spray adhesive and then put down the fabric.



Instead of buying upholstery tacks I bought a pack of 300 thumb tacks from Wal-Mart and spray painted them a bronze color.

Once you have your fabric put down you can start pushing down the thumb tacks. I did this over a few overs because your thumb begins to hurt, haha. 

Between pushing in the tacks I created some fabric rosettes for the corner. I made three different sizes.

I added some buttons to my rosettes for an embellishment and then hot glued them on to the board!


Here is the final product!

Now I just need to find a spot for it in my office! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment